If You sign up as an Advocate, we will collect Your email address (required) and Your phone number if you choose to include it (it is optional).
Personally Identifiable Information (PII) is only created when multiple discrete data are brought into a context which then is attributable to You as an individual. Your IP address ALONE is not PII. Your IP address and email address is generally considered sufficient to create PII. Including Your phone number increases the degree to which the context attributes to You as an individual.
We DO NOT collect any other data about you. We DO NOT sell or otherwise make this data available to anyone for any reason (except if required by process served by Law Enforcement). We use “persistent cookies” solely for the following purposes:
- To save the date/time of your last visit to this Privacy & Cookies page.
- To save the date/time of your registration to be an advocate.
Interpretation and Definitions
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
- Cookies are small files that are placed on Your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing the details of Your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
- Country refers to: California, United States
- Device means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a cellphone or a digital tablet.
- Personal Data is defined as Personally Identifiable Information (PII) as provided by United States National Institute of Standard and Technology (NIST) in Special Publication 800-122.
- Service refers to this Website.
- Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Operator. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Operatorto facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Operator, to perform services related to the Service or to assist the Company in analyzing how the Service is used.
- Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Website refers to The Digital Liberties Amendment, accessible from https://digitallibertiesamendment.com/
- You means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the Operator, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
- Operator means John H. Horst of San Diego, California.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
“Session Cookies”: These are small “name/value pairs” which remain in the browser’s memory until the browser is closed. Our Content Management System uses session Cookies as part of its core technology.
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
We collect the following data under the following circumstances:
For persons signing up to advocate for the Digital Liberties Amendment we require ONLY Your email address. You may also provide Your phone number if You wish. Your IP address brought together with Your email address is sufficient to create PII, but NO OTHER DATA about You is collected.
We employ Google Analytics (GA) to determine how the Website is presented by Google via its search engine. Data collected by GA may include information such as Your Device’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that You visit, the time and date of Your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When You access the Service by or through a mobile device, We may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device You use, Your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of Your mobile device, Your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser You use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that Your browser sends whenever You visit our Service or when You access the Service by or through a mobile device.
We use this information ONLY to optimize our content to ensure it is available to users searching for the kind of information presented here.
We may otherwise use Your Data to contact You by email, and if You elect to provide Your phone number, by telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application’s push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
Retention of Your Personal Data
The Operator will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of Our Service, or We are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Your information is retained on a server hosted in a United States located data center. This server is leased by the Operator and hosts no other content other than that under the control of the Operator. Access to the underlying OS is secured with a private key file which is maintained on media disconnected from the Internet when not in use. This file requires a password to use, and as such its use requires the possession of the media on which the file is saved and knowledge of the password – known as two-factor authentication (2FA).
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Under certain circumstances, the Operator may be required to disclose Your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
The Operator may disclose Your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such
action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the Operator
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- Protect the personal safety of Users of the Service or the public
- Protect against legal liability
Security of Your Personal Data
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. As such, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If You are a parent or guardian and You are aware that Your child has provided Us with Personal Data, please contact Us. If We become aware that We have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, We take steps to remove that information from Our servers.
If We need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing Your information and Your country requires consent from a parent, We may require Your parent’s consent before We collect and use that information.
Links to Other Websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
If You are a person residing in the European Union (EU), You are notified that this Site is strictly to advocate for an Amendment to the United States Constitution, and does not involve commerce in any form with EU users. As such You are notified that you cannot rely on this Site for any guarantees concerning information generated by Your visit as requited by GDPR.